Marriage & Family Therapist
What is Depth Counseling?
Within a safe environment, depth counseling is meant to allow you to look at the patterns and core issues that are creating emotional and mental dysfunction in your life and relationships. In this space, you can feel safe to express your thoughts, feelings and emotions without any judgment. In return, counseling encourages you to live a more open, honest and fulfilling life.
- What patterns do you keep repeating?
- What inner qualities do you possess and want to develop?
- What is holding you back from living out your life to the fullest?
Depth counseling can help you to make those important decisions that you have struggled with or felt challenged addressing. It can help you grieve your losses and move beyond them to a new perspective and a fulfilling life. It can teach you new skills of problem-solving, decision making and communicating that may be necessary for you to move forward.
How would you like for things to be different?
As a systemic therapist, I explore with you the patterns that have developed since you were born that may be keeping you stuck in a place of discomfort. I will invite an introspective review of core issues that encourages you to live your life confidently and consciously. My approach is directive and clear. However, there is also a touch of humor and empathy to my work that will allow you to relax and be open to the experience of change. I believe we are all spiritual beings in a human body and that wisdom does not come from having lived a perfect life, it arises out of living consciously and learning to make good choices. Change is possible.
What to expect?
The work we engage in together involves a process that calls into account everything that has gotten you to this point in time. Our lives represent a fascinating journey and often we have lived them without realizing how much we have been programmed to think and feel, to communicate, and to problem solve in ways through adaptation to our environment and circumstances. In depth counseling, you may learn that this programming no longer works. You will be invited to discover your strengths alongside other skills that will help you to move beyond the past to a healthier lifestyle.
From our sessions, you should expect to learn and discover:
- How to move beyond what is keeping you stuck.
- Ways in which to repair the cracks in the foundation of your life.
- How to cope with grief and anxiety.
- The importance of committing to your most important relationships, including the one to yourself!!
- Your capacity for intimacy, personality traits and family conditioning that may be standing in the way of all that is necessary to go the distance. When a couple’s relationship is beyond repair, I will tell you why I believe this to be so. I will also help you to leave the relationship respectfully and responsibly if that is what you choose to do.
- Stress management, how to deal with difficult people, rebuilding your ability to trust others, dealing with transitions, living mindfully, and creating opportunities from chaos.
Every individual and every couple is unique, but at the core of our beings, each of us longs to feel secure, to belong, to be valued, to be understood, and to feel cared for by the people who matter to us. We also want to experience moments of peace and moments of joy, independent of our life circumstances. This is all possible and depth counseling offers a focused and mindful way to get you there.
I believe that we are each so much more than we can even begin to imagine. The path of depth counseling can bring you to this place of knowing and of learning to live from a consciously connected place. It will take you out of the illusion of living and to a means of creating the reality that you would prefer. My work as a therapist is to support you on this part of your journey.